Dilan Ellegala is a world-renowned neurosurgeon best known for his work in global health initiatives and for founding Sonospine and Madaktari Africa.
Education & Training
Dr. Dilan Ellegala is esteemed in education and extensive experience in the healthcare field. Ellegala initially found his footing in medicine with the pursuit of his BA in Biological Psychology, which he completed in 1990 at the University of Washington. He also maintains a Doctorate from the University of Washington, which he earned in 1996. Additionally, Dr. Ellegala completed the following residencies and fellowships:
- General Surgery Internship at University of Washington (1996 — 1997)
- Neurosurgery Residency at University of Washington (1997 — 1998)
- Neurosurgery Residency at University of Virginia (1998 — 2002)
- Senior Registrar in Neurosurgery at Auckland Hospital (2002 — 2003)
- Chief Resident in Neurosurgery at University of Virginia (2003 — 2004)
- Cerebrovascular Fellow at Brigham and Women’s Hospital via Harvard Medical School (2004 — 2005)
Dr. Dilan Ellegala currently represents the Advisory Board of Xcelerate, Inc., a medical group established in 2021. A natural fit for Ellegala, Xcelerate, Inc. is very much in-tune with his career-long dedication to innovation and the improvement of clinical and medical care on a global scale. Known for his pioneerism in the neurosurgery and spinal surgery realms, Dr. Ellegala introduced an incredibly innovative ultrasonic spine surgery to the world with the development of Sonospine. Now, he continues to make waves in the realm of health care and med-tech thanks to his involvement with Xcelerate, Inc. and his nonprofit foundation, Madaktari Africa. Ellegala maintains multiple patents in med-tech, including various claims in ultrasound technology and spine surgery, such as Sonospine Sonosculpt.